Age Range: 2 Years
Don’t we all want that someone who would take a chance on us? That’s how I feel too! I’d be perfect for an individual/couple who wants to add a new furry family member to their pack. I’m 2 years old, 35 pounds, house trained, kennel trained, neutered and up to date on all my vaccinations.
I was born on the streets of India in Jan 2019, rescued at 1 month old and brought over to the US at age 9 months. I have been living with my present family since. They believe there’s a perfect setting out here for me and will do their best to find it.
I’m shy at first and prefer slow, low pressure introductions to people. Once I warm up to you and trust that you won’t hurt me – I am very loving and you will keep coming back to you for pets and treats! I love to cuddle on the couch and sleep with my pack. I’m very trainable for tricks and already know a lot of English and over 15 cues!
I thrive in:
– Being outdoors in large yards/farm, where I will chase squirrels, crows, rabbits and other vermin. I love playing with a flirt pole and my current family uses it to control and train my prey drive.
– I’m a great guard dog and get along with goats and chickens. I would love to live in a farm or ranch setting where I will make sure to keep the coyotes & raccoons out.
– I love my indoor kennel area where I can choose my schedule for the day.
– Going for hikes and road trips where I sniff new smells and have new experience in life.
I can’t be trusted in:
– I am the only dog in my present home but I have a couple of doggie friends and have hung out with them indoors. I can live with others of my kind but will require you to monitor our interactions in the beginning. I have fearful aggression and have fought with dogs before so you have to make sure I always wear my muzzle when I got out to town.
– I tend to guard my food and toys and will look to you to for management and not give me any opportunities to guard things.
– I have hung out with children before but never lived with them. I could do ok with older children who know that I don’t like to be surprised, hit, tugged.
I have a few other quirks – but my humans will let you know of those if you are interested.
I ideally I would do best with humans that have experience dealing with fearful aggressive dogs. With aggression/reactive training and introductory obedience training I would be a perfect dog. Please feel free to ask my humans other questions. They will be doing an interview process and work with you for any support you need to make sure I have an easy transition and get a good owner/pack leader.
Home To Home is a platform that allows interested adopters to connect directly with people looking to rehome their pets. Homeward Pet Adoption Center (HPAC) has not evaluated or assessed this pet. HPAC is unable to provide any additional information or guarantees – please contact the pet owner directly to learn more about them. For more information about the Home To Home program, please visit our website at https://www.homewardpet.org/adopt/home-to-home-direct-adoption/.